Hey, everyone! I’m having a really tough time tracking down the issue here. I have two forms, both of which have a field that I’d like prefilled. The facts are:
- 2 tables: (Companies, Vehicles).
- Entries in Vehicles are linked to a Company.
- Each company has a gallery view, filtered to only show vehicles in that company.
- The primary unique field in Vehicles is the VIN.
- 2 forms, 1 for each of 2 unique companies, and the field names are the same on each form.
- The VIN field on the form is linked to the gallery of the respective company, thereby constraining to only those company’s vehicle’s VINs to be selectable.
When I fire up form 1 for company 1, no problem! The VIN is pre-selected without issue and works exactly as described in link_records_form_demo - airtable. No issues whatsoever.
When I fire up form 2 for company 2, the VIN is never preselected, no matter what I seem to do.
I’ve tried the troubleshooting steps listed here: Prefill not working - #2 by ScottWorld
- Change your primary field values so that every record is unique: double & triple checked this, all records have a unique VIN
Prefill using the record id of the desired record, instead of the primary field value: tried this as well, switching from VIN to the actual record via
RECORD_ID()– the result is that the 1st form continues to work, and the 2nd form continues to fail.
I feel like I am missing some larger issue, like “Oh sorry that’s a paid feature, you can only prefill 1 form” or something like that…