Help

Organizational Chart: Is there a limit to the hierarchical depth?

Topic Labels: Extensions
Solved
Jump to Solution
1442 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Demetrie_Luke
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there any way to have a hierarchical structure in the organizational chart block that is more than 3 rows deep? I am building a family tree and I’d rather the org chart continue to build vertically instead of horizontally, but it seems to continuously lay out horizontally which is making some of the connections confusing to read.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mohamed_Swella1
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Hi @Demetrie_Luke,

Welcome to Airtable Community.

I have an Org Chart that is up to 12 levels, but all the connections have to be done in the table (linking the fields to the same table) for you to be able to see it that way. If a record is added horizontally, then you might wanna check the linking of that record. Beware that the linking to Records in the same Table is not a 2 way sync and therefore when linking you have to define whether the linked fields are predecessors or successors (cannot be both).

If this helps you, please mark it as Solution so others can see it.

BR,
Mo

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Mohamed_Swella1
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Hi @Demetrie_Luke,

Welcome to Airtable Community.

I have an Org Chart that is up to 12 levels, but all the connections have to be done in the table (linking the fields to the same table) for you to be able to see it that way. If a record is added horizontally, then you might wanna check the linking of that record. Beware that the linking to Records in the same Table is not a 2 way sync and therefore when linking you have to define whether the linked fields are predecessors or successors (cannot be both).

If this helps you, please mark it as Solution so others can see it.

BR,
Mo