Outlook Calendar event attachments in Airtable to Zapier

Hey everyone,

I’m running into a problem adding .ics attachments to an email from an Airtable to Outlook zap.
Background: I created a form for an event with different sessions, people can choose up to 10 sessions in the form, and it’ll send a custom schedule with their picked events through Outlook, I formated it so the sessions they don’t pick just look like free space in the schedule, but are still technically present in the zap. Originally I planned to just have the links to the video chat for each session, but the client would like those replaced with an outlook calendar event. I tried adding an .ics file as an attachment in AT, and then putting that into the Zap, but it doesn’t work. It doesn’t look like a multistep zap would work since they want different events for each session chosen, which can be random. Does anyone have a suggestion, or is this not possible?

so I guess the basic question boiled down is: how do I add an .ics file, or other outlook calendar event option, to an email generated by a zap from AT to outlook?

ETA: I guess I am also not opposed to adding a link to the event that downloads a calendar file if i can embed it properly (Although I am having trouble getting this to work. Suggestions on doing a text embedded link as well?). If that’s my only option, does anyone have a suggestion on where to host those attachments with a download link?

Thanks!

Welcome to the community, @Hannahh_Clark! :smiley:

Could you elaborate on this? Are you manually creating new .ics files for each reservation? How exactly are you trying to use them in the zap? What exactly isn’t working?

I don’t know a ton about Zapier, but further details about what you’re trying to achieve would help anyone else who may be able to assist.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.