Page Designer- Duplicate layout to another table

I’d like to create a Layout in Page designer and use that same layout for multiple tables inside the same Base. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Jake

No, there does not appear to be a way to do this - and seemingly for good reason. Unless you had two identical tables that you wanted to share the layout between, Airtable would not know which fields from the second table to map to the fields you put into the page design from the first table.

If you design a page for a “People” table that has fields for:

• Name

and wanted to duplicate the page design for a “Company” table that has fields for:

• Name

Airtable will not know where to put data from the “Location” and “Trade” fields. So Airtable’s current UX solution is that you need to build a new design for each table that you want to represent in the Page Designer.

Fair Enough, It would be handy to at least be able to create a template for the general layout of the page then I could populate/link the information. No big deal, I have a work around.

Thank you,
Jake

Hi Jake,

Very curious to hear what you may have come up with RE page layout. AT’s form is quite primitive and we’ve been spoiled by the many options offered by the likes of Filemaker.

All best,

Ken