Help

Percentage field is not formatted correctly when inserted into an email automation

Topic Labels: Automations
1378 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Novotny
5 - Automation Enthusiast

(1) In my airtable base I have a calculation that displays as a percentage with no decimal. Ex: 65%

(2) However when I select this field to display within an automation (for an email) it loses its formatting and displays 64.93506493506493%.

Why does it lose its formatting and how can I get the formatting to transfer to the automation?

Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 4.36.41 PM

6 Replies 6

Sometimes the formatting applied to a field only applies when displaying the field value in the user interface.

Nest your formula inside the ROUND() function. It is documented in the formula field reference. Because you want to display the number as a percent, you would round to two decimal places.

Michael_Novotny

Yes thank you Kuovonne. That works perfectly for displaying the formatting within the Airtable base. However it won’t carry that formatting to display the same as in the automation. In my case I am trying to display that value in an email. And it loses the rounding formatting.

Can you share a screenshot of the formula?

I have tried different variations:
(1) with just the round and precision of 2.
Screen Shot 2022-05-15 at 12.02.36 AM

(2) I’ve multiplied it by 100 and changed the formating to an integer. Which worked however even if I have the decimal format set to 2, it still displays a decimal that is 10 digits long.
Screen Shot 2022-05-15 at 12.04.30 AM

Have you retested the trigger for the automation?

Michael_Novotny

Hello Kuovonne, thank you that worked! Weird thing was is I had retested the trigger prior and it did not. But what I accidentally did was retest the entire automation. And for some reason now it is pulling in the rounded number. That is what is changed when I retested the trigger differently.

Thank you for your help!