cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christoffer_Tel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,
I am trying to create a PIM solution in Airtable. Anyone that have dos and donts?
It should be a fullblown PIM solution with Productdata, translation funktions, images, stock updates from ERP…

7 Replies 7
Timothee_Volpi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Christoffer,

I’m already building myself a PIM solution on airtable.
We can share our does and don’t here.

The main function I use/look forward to:

• Variable products
  • Multiple Languages and currencies
  • Easy product management

Already what I discovered, is that storing images there might not be the best idea…

Actually… Just talked with my developper about the images.
If you use for your website something like Gatsby you could download the images during the building process and store them on a more adequate platform.

Hi Timothee,

Fantastic! Lets share our does and donts.
Great input.
We are also working on an integration to Microsoft NAV (ERP) to show correct items in stock and an integration to our site build in Saleor.io

Lets keep this updated.

Hi Christoffer!

I just have to thank you and the hazard 1000x. I’ve been searching for a software like Saleor.io for my shop for about a month now and you just posted here. Exactly 100% what I was looking for. It got all the technology and features I’m looking for.

What is in your opinion missing in Saleor.io that you aim to fulfill with Airtable ? From the quick look I had it looks already pretty complete.

Christoffer_Tel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Timothee,
You are welcome.
I think AT is very easy for end users. They can make changes very easily. And I think long term AT will be a better centralized database.
Its easier to change and integrate with systems other than saleor, in the future

Hippo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello everyone,

After more than 2 years, do you consider it a good solution to use Airtable as a PIM ? 🙂

AXR
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

yeah would love to hear your thoughts too