cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jackie
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, total newb here.

I have spent far longer than I care to admit trying to figure out if what I want to do is even possible.

I have a Time Reporting/Scheduling Base that I would like to reference the hours reported with the hours scheduled.

For example:

In the Time Reporting table I have the formula below to calculate the Total Hours reported.

SUM({Hours Steaming},{Hours Photo},{Hours Web Publishing},{Hours Publishing Text},{Hours Copy},{Hours Translation},{Hours Retouch},{Hours Vendor Images},{Hours Bundle Images},{Hours Bundle Text},{Hours Admin},{Hours Training},{Hours Management},{Hours Meeting},{Hours Tech Issues},{Hours Misc})

In the Scheduling table I would like the “Total Hours” to populate next to the employee’s scheduled hours, so I can see the difference between the two. Is this at all possible?

Thanks so much! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

3 Replies 3

Hi Jackie,

I wondered why you use 2 tables, in stead of 2 views. It seems both could be in 1 table and that would make it easy to use the total field.

Regards,
André

Mainly because the Schedules are pre-planned by me, and the reported hours are filled out by the employee via a form response. I am not sure if that would work without creating duplicate entries?

That makes sense. Using a form will create new records.

In that case both tables need to be linked with each other. I can imagine that would be by the specific days the employees are scheduled combined with the name (or code?!) of the employee, since multiple employees will work on the same day. You can use a formula to concatenate Date & Employee in the first field (and make it unique).

Every employee should select that specific unique code, and as far as I can see this will link both tables.