Help

Populating open text from non-users - How to automate?

837 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barry_Seidenst1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a base that’s 300ish lines that’s tracking survey response information (gathered by an entirely different tool). Different people are responsible for gathering various survey responses. We need to populate the survey responses in AT. We were going to do a csv export by the person responsible, then have them fill in the csv, then we’d transfer the information back to AT - all a very manual process. Is there any way to simplify this process, whereby we can send (in one fell swoop) the specific lines needing completion (perhaps 10-20) to the specific people needing to complete them and the answers can be directly be brought into AT?

We don’t want to have to give them access and then train them on how to use the tool as they are only supplying data and actually will not need the use of the tool. Suggestions?

1 Reply 1
HammerOz
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I don’t get why you want to go this way Barry, but I may be missing something.

One option:

• could create another table linked to your responses table. Call it survey updates or something.
    -Create a form where they have to select the initial response (relationship field as first option in the AT form.
    -You can then create calculated , rollup, etc field in the initial survey table that look for the latest response for each line.
  • the advantage is that initial responses are not lost so you retain a history,
    -user cant see previous response.
  • Not very secure as anyone can update anyone else’s. A potential solution if required is that you can create a custom form link per from the initial responders record name which pre populated the form link to that initial response.

The other option depending on what the other software being used it to use zapier to update the survey,