Help

Possible to use script to update task in Clickup?

Topic Labels: Automations
2317 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hal_Atkins
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Would love to know if it is possible to run a script in an automation that updates a task in ClickUp (and if someone could start me off in the right direction in putting that script together)?

Clickup has an API that allows updating a task. It would require authentication, and the update is carried in json.

Does anyone have an example of what script might look like for an automation?

2 Replies 2
Nick_Dennis
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Airtable automations only have a few integrations so far (no ClickUp), but this could be done with Zapier or Integromat. No script needed, just triggers setup to watch specific Airtable tables or views and then subsequent actions to perform in Clickup.

In my opinion Zapier is more user friendly and easier to get started, but Integromat is much more powerful. Either one could probably handle this automation though. One limitation is that the free version of both of these services only check for the trigger every 15 minutes.

Let me know if you need any other suggestions or help with the setup.

Interestingly enough, neither Zapier or Integromat are able to see or update the custom fields in ClickUp.

Appears that I can update custom fields (and just about anything else in a task) using their API.