956 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jesse_Bayer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all I’m curious to know if there is a way to use single select tool in web forms pulling from data from the grid indicating that a selection has already made. For example, if 10 people are signing up for 10 potluck dishes and one person has already signed up, the potluck options are reduced to nine in the forms. I guess this is considered conditional but not sure how it would work. Thanks

2 Replies 2

Welcome to the Airtable community!

It is not possible to disable selection of a particular single-select value based on what other people have signed up for.

You can, however, create a system with linked records, rollups, and filtered views to avoid having too many people sign up for the same type of dish.

Create a table with a row for each type of dish (main dish, dessert, side, etc.). Indicate the maximum number allowed in a number field. Have each form submission include a linked record field that links to the table of possible dishes. Use a rollup field to determine how many people have already selected that type of dish. Compare the number of submissions with the maximum number allowed in a formula field and use that result to create a filtered view that excludes dishes that have been maxed out. In the table for the form, limit selection of records to that filtered view.

Whew, that sounds like a lot and depending on your level of experience with Airtable might be too much or not enough info. Sorry, I don’t have time for a full write-up right now.

Thanks. I can’t say that makes complete sense but I like the idea of using maximums in the formula in general. I’ll play around and see how for I go.