Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doug_Jonidis
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 9.47.46 AM

Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 9.53.39 AM

Hello,

I am trying to create a prefilled form that automatically populates the current renewal date for a piece of software. I am running into an issue where the date that shows up in the form is exactly one day behind from what it should be and I can’t figure out why.

As you can see in the above screenshots, the link generates with the date “2023-01-14” but shows up in the form as 2023-01-13.

Any clues as to why this is occurring will be much appreciated!

Thanks
Doug

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hiding the time does not affect the value of the field in the formula used to generate the prefilled url.

In the formula for the url, wrap the field name in DATESTR({original date field})

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

Since you only need the date (and not the time), then just prefill it with the date and don’t include the time in your prefill.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have “include time” turned off in the field that the prefill is pulling from. So, I’m not sure how else to prevent it from trying to populate a time.

If you know of any other way to do this, I’m all ears!

Doug

No, you’ve added a time (midnight) into your prefill URL. You need to take that out of your URL. Just put the date into the URL.

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hiding the time does not affect the value of the field in the formula used to generate the prefilled url.

In the formula for the url, wrap the field name in DATESTR({original date field})

Thank you so much, this seems to have worked perfectly!