5915 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Augustin_Clouti
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi, is there a way to have a field prefilled in a form AND hide the field at the same time? IMO it should be standard option since most of the time when you prefill a field for users, you don’t want them to even see the field and have the ability to mess with it.

5 Replies 5

Ha, I just posted a feature request about this the other day!

Unfortunately, this is not possible in Airtable, which is SUPER frustrating & very annoying.

My clients really, really need this feature! It makes no sense to pre-fill a form and have people actually see what the pre-filled value is.

Please see my post here, and please comment on that thread as well! That will hopefully let the Airtable team see that I’m not the only one who needs this feature.

I had a random thought the other day, but haven’t tested it yet (and don’t have time now; I’m heading out the door), but I’ll throw it out there.

Have the desired form field only visible when a condition is met, and intentionally make the condition something that will never actually happen; i.e. only show the field when another field’s entry is “zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz” for example. :slightly_smiling_face: In theory, the field should still be filled, but the condition will keep it hidden. I just don’t know if the prefilled value will still go through once submitted.

I’ll test it later on myself, but I wanted to toss this out in case either of you beat me to it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Augustin_Clouti
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

To Justin: I tried this method today and it does not work unfortunately. The prefill value does not get through

Right, I posted about this exact scenario the other day here.

Unfortunately, this seems like it should work… but it doesn’t work.

Airtable forms will NOT submit the contents of any fields that are hidden, regardless of whether they have values in them or not.

I feel like this would be super-easy for the Airtable team to fix, and would be a huge game-changer for my clients. @Jason

marks
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hey there - I wanted to quickly let folks who follow this thread know about this recent release: New Feature: Hide Form Field by URL Parameters