cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jean-Philippe_E
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello,

I’d like to embed a Form in an iFrame or Webview of my WebApp because I like the way to display link records BUT I don’t understand:

Testing the form I have beautifull preview with autocomplete, etc …:

If I test the form “as a user” I lost all the fancy features:

What should I do ?

• Is there a trick to embed a form with all the good looking ?
  • Or should I code it ? Is there some kickstart to handle autocomplete ?

This issue might be similar to:

But no real answers :frowning: What’s the point to loose “hard to code” features ?

9 Replies 9

Hi @Jean-Philippe_Encaus,

This is actually something that many users do NOT want. In many cases the records you are linking to has sensitivity information and therefore this why it only shows the primary field.

BR,
Mo

Jean-Philippe_E
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Thanks @Mohamed_Swellam but I don’t understand your anwser,

In term of UX, it’s very important to have relevant data to select a record. And Views let you filter table to display relevant data.

In forms you can filter Autocomplete preview with a View and fields are taken from left column to right column. But for external users this feature is not applied whereas you could just apply a View to filter sensitive data.

In term of workaround and implemtentation, it’s easy to code a form with [select] it’s hard to implements and maintain a shiny preview with autocomplete / typeahead because you have to proxy results in order to handle API limits and hide token.

Brice_Chapuis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello @Jean-Philippe_Encaus !

I have the same exact issue, and it makes my forms somewhat not user friendly.
Did you come by any solution or workaround for this particular problem ?

Kind regards,
Brice

No AirTable provide a VERY powerfull tool but for unknown reason lack to provide very simple things.

So you’ll have to code your own form reinventing the wheel 😕 And that’s not easy because there is no shortcut to implement their cool autocomplete …

Same problem with Block “Line Chart” that only works with 1 value per line … that is non sens but you can’t display systole / disastole value in 2 column / 1 row …

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We built a form for Airtable. One of its features is the ability to preview linked records when you click on one inside the form.

Craig_Negoescu
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 on the above issue, I would like to see two defining fields at least, in my case it would be contact name and business name. A definable preview would be ideal, for now I’m doing workarounds. If I’m missing something, let me know. -Former admin on 300+ user relationship, bringing AT to more businesses!

Paul1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I suggest this is the best solution for now.

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

A quick update (since my reply above was more than a year ago). We recently added this feature to our advanced form for Airtable. Now your users can preview the linked records before selecting them.

b8dea864a5b0bf13f2d572e1b38b712f3b8d1bba.png

This is an awesome update!