cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John-Paul_Kerno
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi

It seems simple enough to set up Page Designer to print say 9 images to a page. Unfortunately I have not come up with a reliable way to set up the print to do this over many pages. My issue is that the first page sets up nicely and the following pages become a mess as the ‘print as a grid’ Airtable setting falls apart. Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

Part of it will depend on the size of the images you’re printing, and the size of the “page” that you made in Page Designer. Can you share more details about how you set things up?

Thanks for the reply. This is the workflow:

1. Import images (in this case small PNG)

2. Set up Page Designer record size as 260 x 400. My intention is to print onto A4 sheet (UK based) … this is 21cm x 29.7 cm to print a 3 x 3 image grid.

3. Print out to A4 PDF from Airtable using Chrome [Version 78.0.3904.70 (Official Build) (64-bit)] using no margin 100%. See attached document - first page good but the rest falls apart. Screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 11.20.33.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 11.20.42.png

This is the preview before I save to PDF in Chrome and what is saved:
Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 11.20.56.png

1. Similar Print out using Safari [Version 13.0.2 (13608.2.40.1.3)]. . this is better but only prints a grid of 4 not 9 images. Screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 11.26.52.png

I can’t find a solution to this. And the process is clunky and time wasting. Perhaps some presets can be added to the Airtable UI ?

Or am I just doing this all wrong?!

Thanks for the details. It looks like you’re doing the right thing, so I’m not sure why the second page isn’t printing correctly. One thing you might try is shrinking your Page Designer page size by a few pixels in height. I was messing with a test the other day, and while my numbers told me that the page size should give me a certain number of columns, it wasn’t matching. Only when I reduced the size ever so slightly did it line up.

Regarding the difference between browsers, my hunch is that they’re somehow handling the page margin differently. In Safari you can clearly see a margin around the top and left edges, but that’s not there in the screenshot you included from Chrome. Not sure if your print driver allows system-level control over the margins in the print dialog, but it might be worth a look.

Yes I do have system level control but this stuff is taking longer to print that creating a database! And printing set up is so hot and miss