889 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Graham_Hobbs
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m new to Airtable, so not sure if its me or Airtable is not working correctly.
First problem is I linked 2 tables, A and B, both having a field of item numbers. When I first set this up, it worked fine, and the required fields were passed across from A to B. However when I added further records to B entering valid item numbers, the fields were not passed across.
When I go to the item number field in table B and click to change the field properties, it indicates under the sort options that it now thinks it is a character field not a number field. It was specified as a number field before linking the tables… Is this the problem and how do I fix it.
Also when I go and click on ‘Help’, top right hand corner, nothing happens when I click ‘Contact Support’.

1 Reply 1

Hello @Graham_Hobbs!

From what you’ve described- when you link two record together you change the field type of that field ( that column). So the value may have a number it in, it won’t be the number field type anymore instead it will be the linked record field type(a field can only have one field type at a time).

If you would like to contact customer support for any further questions you can reach them directly at support@airtable.com. I’m so sorry for the trouble with the site not linking correctly.

Let me know if I can help provide any more information, and if this helped answer your question please mark it as the solution :white_check_mark: .