772 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Craig_Staub
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey - I have a somewhat specific question for a project management tool I’m trying to build (and I’m pretty new to Airtable, so this is evading me!).

(1) On my Overview Tab, I have a list of Projects my team is working on
(2) On a Second Tab, I detail out clients that each project pertains to and where they are in the process of onboarding (Step 1, 2 or 3, which are mutually exclusive and represent a work flow through our process). For example, Client A is part of Project X and is at Step 2 of the process.
(3) Back on the Overview Tab, I want 3 columns to represent Steps 1, 2, and 3, linking back to the Second Tab to which clients are in each

Is there a way to do this? I’m having trouble linking this up.

Using a less abstract example: Project X pertains to Client A, B, C, and D.

The client are at the following steps:
Client A & B are on Step 1
Client C is on Step 2
Client D is on Step 3

I’d like columns on the Overview Tab to show Step 1: A & B, Step 2: C, Step 3: D, in the Project X record.

4 Replies 4

Convert your {Step} field in the [Second Table] to a Link to Another Record field linking to the [Overview] table. Turn on “select one record at a time”

Thanks so much for the response!

Excuse my naïveté (still in my first week of using Airtable), but this is what I got when trying to do this: I converted the {Step} field to a linked record with the [Overview] table, and it just listed Steps 1, 2, and 3 as Projects in [Overview]. I’m probably missing something here.

Assuming the detail is “select one record at a time” as well, but maybe I’m wrong.

I misunderstood your base structure.

Alternatively, assuming your step field remains a single-select field, your Projects/Overview table could have 3 Lookup fields, each with “select records which meets these conditions” turned on, to list the client names. One would only do “step = step 1”, one would only do “step = step 2”, etc.

This worked! Thank you so much!

CS