394 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Collins_Cochran
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m working on a project that may be able to use Airtable, it is a database designed to help organize the requirements for an event, but the events are extremely flexible.

For example, I would have an event (event A), that event could have any number of quantities of types of items, and any number of quantities of those items. For this example, lets say the event has desks and chairs, each at a bespoke quantity. However event B has lamps and stools, and I don’t want to display desks, chairs, lamps and stools as columns with their respective quantities to the end user entering or viewing the record.

My only workaround at the moment is to link a table of items and every time they create a new event, they will need to make a new record specifically for those items, at that quantity, and with any notes about it.

Is there a way to go about this that would be more effective? I am hesitant to have a list of items only, then add columns in the main table for quantity, because the possible options would be immense, and I don’t know of a good way to hide the columns from the user in an interface or a grid unless they’ve linked the associated item from the item table, although if that’s a possibility, that would work!

I am long time user but haven’t tried for this application, I’m anxious to see what the community thinks would be a way to accomplish this.

1 Reply 1

Just dropping in to say that this would be how I would handle this situation too, can’t think of another way to do it!