1355 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sage_jankowitz
5 - Automation Enthusiast

So I’m a real estate agent and I use Airtable to keep track of all my deals. I have one block for rentals. In rentals it’s very common for a prospective tenant to want to see all my current active listings. I typically have 40-60+ rentals at any given time, some times more.

Right now, when people ask for my list, I ask for their search parameters, go through the entire list myself, then respond back with a few listings. The problem is I have 25-75 people reaching out a day and 40-60 listings, plus an entire buy/sell side of the business. It’s becoming impossibly time consuming.

So when I heard about the ability to create a shareable link to my up-to-date database, I got really excited. Especially when I realized I could hide fields that are for internal use only and I do not want prospects to see. But then I realized the primary field is the address of the unit and there is no way to hide this (but it’s really important to hide addresses for a lot of use cases I won’t get into right now).

So I guess my question is, is there a work around? How can I share my rental airtable database with prospective tenants easily, while making sure my primary fields (address of unit) are hidden or at least semi-anonymized? Any help, thoughts, feedback is SO appreciated.

Thanks!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sage_jankowitz

Sounds intriguing @ScottWorld, thanks for sharing! I’ll take a look!

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @sage_jankowitz!

If you’d like to hide the primary field for public viewing, you’ll probably need to turn to an external portal tool which can open up parts of your data to the outside world, but not ALL of your data! 

A few of the leading Airtable portals are Noloco, JetAdmin, Softr, Pory, and Glide.

JetAdmin is probably my favorite for sheer simplicity & user-friendliness, while Noloco is probably the most powerful & customizable one.

I give a brief tutorial of Noloco on this Airtable podcast episode. And I also presented a full one-hour webinar on Noloco called Building a Client Portal on Noloco powered by Airtable.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

sage_jankowitz

Sounds intriguing @ScottWorld, thanks for sharing! I’ll take a look!

You’re welcome! Glad I could help! :slightly_smiling_face: If you don’t mind, could you please mark my comment above as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question in the future. :slightly_smiling_face: