cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ks_css
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi All,

I’m new to Airtable and have been trying to find a solution for the following scenario. Grateful for any solutions or advice.

• I have an inventory list to share amongst a team of salespersons during an expo.
  • They will all be accessing the table through the iPad App.
  • There will be 1 cashier with “Editor” permissions to update the “sold” status for each sold item.
  • Each salesperson should be able to sort and/or filter the list without affecting the views of others.
  • All salespersons’ iPad should update in real-time as items are sold and thus no longer available (these are unique items, there is only 1 of each in the full inventory list).

How could I allow each salesperson to have sorting & filtering abilities but avoid them accidentally editing any of the cell contents?

Thank-you all in advance.

2 Replies 2

Make that view shared, give the salespeople the link. They’ll be able to sort and filter without affecting the “real” base.

Firstly, thank you for your reply Kamille.

If I share the view, it works fine on a laptop/desktop. However, I need to share to an iPad, which when viewed using the browser, only offers a mobile view (no sorting or filtering). If I force the browser to request the desktop view, the table cannot scroll.

If I share as collaborators, I’ll need to give “Editor” permissions for them to be able to sort?