Read-Only with Sorting & Filtering Ability

Hi All,

I’m new to Airtable and have been trying to find a solution for the following scenario. Grateful for any solutions or advice.

• I have an inventory list to share amongst a team of salespersons during an expo.
  • They will all be accessing the table through the iPad App.
  • There will be 1 cashier with “Editor” permissions to update the “sold” status for each sold item.
  • Each salesperson should be able to sort and/or filter the list without affecting the views of others.
  • All salespersons’ iPad should update in real-time as items are sold and thus no longer available (these are unique items, there is only 1 of each in the full inventory list).

How could I allow each salesperson to have sorting & filtering abilities but avoid them accidentally editing any of the cell contents?

Thank-you all in advance.

Make that view shared, give the salespeople the link. They’ll be able to sort and filter without affecting the “real” base.

Firstly, thank you for your reply Kamille.

If I share the view, it works fine on a laptop/desktop. However, I need to share to an iPad, which when viewed using the browser, only offers a mobile view (no sorting or filtering). If I force the browser to request the desktop view, the table cannot scroll.

If I share as collaborators, I’ll need to give “Editor” permissions for them to be able to sort?