Hi, for the first time in my approx. 2 years of using Airtable, I’m finding I am missing records. This has only happened in the past few weeks and it seems tied to something I’m doing, but I can’t figure out if I’m taking an action that is causing it.
I will outline step-by-step what I experienced.
- I have a database of ideas and each is tagged to a particular topic. A colleague and I are working with those ideas, so I needed to copy them from the database and paste them in another program.
- I created a filtered view for that topic and selected all the records in one column and using cmd+C copied the records, no problem.
- Later that day, I click on my filtered view only to find that there are no records. I check main view and it seems my records are no longer there - I used my copy to search for a few of them, finding the are completely missing from the database. There is no record of them being deleted in the trash and the undo button does not restore them. There was no pop up warning when I was copying them.
- I have thankfully been able to restore the records from snapshots.
- Fast forward a few days and I went through the same process with another topic - these also turned up missing and I was able to retrieve them from my most recent snapshot.
I can’t figure out what is happening here.
For now, I am going to back up my entire database as CSVs, but this is quite alarming. I will also no longer copy columns out of the table and instead export it to CSV before copying what I need to use in other applications.