Remove duplicates in look up field

I’m a big fan of look-ups but I would really like to be able to remove records the occur more than one time. Is there a way to do that?

You have ARRAYUNIQUE():

Thanks

Yes but it only works in Roll-Up not in Look-up. And when you use that you only get the text from a record, not a link to the record like you do in the Look-up.

I meant to use it in a Formula field. What are you trying to achieve?

I personally am trying to get a rollup of unique values, as the duplicates have no value as links.

This is not my particular use case, but let’s use a simpler recipe example…

There’s a Recipes table with linked tables called “Ingredients” and “Type”.

Ingredients has the following values:

• Chicken
  • Bacon
  • Lettuce
  • Onions
  • Walnuts
  • Cheese
  • Bun

Type has the following values:

• Fruit
  • Vegetable
  • Nut
  • Meat
  • Dairy
  • Bread

Using a “Chicken Club Sandwich” example, let’s say we wanted to use a look-up to provide the various food types for this sandwich recipe, the results would be “Dairy, Bread, Vegetable, Vegetable, Meat, Meat”.

Example:

However, “Dairy, Bread, Vegetable, Meat” would be much more useful, as the redundancies are removed. Example of what’s desired:

And here is my proposed solution (having a simple switch under the a Lookup field that links to another Linked Record field):

How can I make a lookup field show only unique results?

Why do you need it to be a lookup field rather than a rollup?

As @Elias_Gomez_Sainz suggested, you can use ARRAYUNIQUE() in a formula fild and apply it to a lookup field, if needs be.

Because I want the linked records to actually be linkable records for quick access, as opposed to just being text.

The rollup can display only unique values, but they’re just text and not the actual linked records. The same goes for using a a Formula on a Lookup field.

Also, speaking of formulas, ARRAYUNIQUE() doesn’t appear to be working correctly on Lookup fields, as non-unique values are also displaying.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)