cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Allan_Levine
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

I am new to Airtable so I apologize ahead of time but I am investigating features and thought I would reach out to the community for tips.

My company currently uses basecamp and its very limited in its ability.

Basically what I need to be able to create is task lists for resources.

• set deadlines
  • set resources
  • some task are reoccurring in nature ie. annual reports for customers
  • send reminders when tasks are overdue to the resource they are assigned too and managers
  • reporting would be great
  • add notes to tasks
  • add in add hoc tasks or projects

thats my starting point

thank you

6 Replies 6
Andrew_Johnson1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Check out the example bases given by Airtable…
Also you might want to check out Airtable Universe

This should help you get started…

Allan_Levine
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

thanks, I have done that.

What I am curious about is can I create a re-occurring task?

For example:
Task with due date today and reoccurs every month or year.
When the task is marked as complete I dont have to create another task for next month or year as its already there.

thanks

So you want records(i.e tasks) to be automatically inserted/updated in your base?

As @Andrew_Johnson1 hints, automatically generating records takes you out of pure Airtable functionality, although it can be done with assistance from a middleware service (Zapier, IFTTT, etc.) or a manual action.

Alternatively, you could create a formula field that combined a set month and day with the current year to create a rolling due date. The ‘completed’ tick-off becomes a little more complicated, though, as you would either have to timestamp the date and time the task was completed (which currently requires the creation of a linked record to hold a persistent timestamp) or manually clear the completed tick at some point prior to the task becoming due again.

yes, that is correct.

As suggested by @W_Vann_Hall

You will want to use a service like Zapier to achieve this functionality.
If in case you have some technical programming background you could also use the Airtable API to create/update records in your base automatically.