cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marianne_Hislop
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello. Complete noob to Airtable.

Currenty I have an Excel file that handles incoming jobs, 90% of these jobs are based on a recurring schedule of weekly, 1-4 weekly, monthly, yearly and so on. Not time dependant, only date.

In excel I use VBA to copy a new recurring job entry record x amount of times based on the frequency calculated by the frequency between the start date and end date and the schedule (end date max 2 years to eliminate forever). So example:
Start Date 27/3/21
End Date 27/3/23
Schedule every 1 week . 7 days
Total number records to be copied is 104 with the Start date of each record to be previous Start date + 7 days.

Each job record will have a unique ID number, and each recurring job record will also have a Recurring Job ID. Recurring ID for one off jobs will be 0.

I would like to know if anything like this is possible in Airtable.

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the community, @Marianne_Hislop!

You could do this by writing your own custom JavaScript to handle this, or by turning to a low-code automation platform like Integromat.

Here’s an example of a similar JavaScript that you could potentially adapt for your needs:

Or, if you use Integromat, you could turn to their “Repeater” module to loop through the creation of your recurring records:

(Note that I am a professional Airtable consultant and a Registered Integromat Partner, and the Integromat link contains my personal referral code.)