3506 16
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Varela
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I separate data into multiple bases for ease of use, and team-split.
However, I see Interfaces as a way to show data to the client (which could come from multiple bases).
I don’t like having to share multiple Interfaces.
Also, could Interfaces become a little bit as a customer login feature (as softr io allows)?

16 Replies 16
Ellen_Wehrman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 to this request - we’re trying to build an Interface that pulls from 3 different bases for one singular audience, and having multiple Interfaces sort of defeats the point.

Dragos_Burlacu
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Thanks for this suggestion. Will send it along!!

Sandrine_Coosem

This would be so helpful! We often have several bases for one client, where the client only needs access to one interface for each base. Right now, that means the client needs several interfaces.

Rachel_Gartner
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Another vote for this! We use different bases for each customer that we work with, but we’d like to have a single internal interface that shows all of our work for the day.

Nicole_Hawkesf1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Another vote for this idea from me, I split bases but interface would be a great way to analyse productivity metrics from data which is currently split across multiple bases.

Cameron_West
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 on this feature as well!

Jay_Data

My vote also - hopefully this is introduced soon

Joanna_Parker
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Just adding our use case and +1. We have bases split by project/department, with syncs set up where they interact, so the team only access the bases/data they need. But our comms team regularly use data points from all departments. An interface that spans bases could mean they only need one interface to refer to, rather than four/five.

Lise_Rubarth

You should now be able to sync multiple bases to a new base (e.g., a base for customers) that have multiple bases linking to them. Then create the client interface in this base. I think that this would solve the issue.

Irit_Levi

+1 on this.

I am setting this up for a client who has multiple bases - one for each client. But we want management to be able to see all the data across the board in the company in one view.

@Lise_Rubarth you're still limited to the number of bases you can sync together, unless you're on the Enterprise plan which gives you unlimited syncs....

Also, even on Enterprise - I've found that even with automations running an action regularly to keep the syncs/base active, the numbers are very frequently out of date. I was hoping to set up a monthly digest type email, but am currently doing it manually, as the automated emails (based on the one base of synced data from multiple bases) were never accurate...

courtneyecamp
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Would love this feature as well to combine different segments of our teams' workflows into one master interface. Right now if we sync a table from base A to base B to get it into B's interface, the comments added in B's interface to the record in B obviously don't translate to the record in base A. Hard to capture conversations across teams without giving everyone multiple interfaces.

Ah, yes we're on Enterprise plan. Thanks for pointing that out! 🙂 

FYI, if you use Softr, you can easily connect it multiple  Airtable databases and build your workflow around there.

It is SOO easy to set up and integrate. 

I HIGHLY recommend it.

@Irit_Levi I know about Softr but recently came across AeroPage. It looks so much more robust. Have you tried it?