Help

Responsibility assignment matrix (RACI-model)

6142 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pieter_van_Leeu
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all,
We are trying to define roles and responsibilities within our organisation. One of the possible models that works really well in Excel is the Responsibility assignment matrix or RACI model. See https://racichart.org/

It is basically a table with tasks as rows and roles as columns and in each cell a marker that defines if someone is Responsible, Accountable, Consulted or Informed (hence RACI) by sdding a letter in a cell. When this table is filled in properly we can give each employee a clear overview of his/her responsibilities.
Im getting the hang a bit of Airtable and am able to use it for a lot of our organisational overviews, but I have no clue yet if the above mentioned could also be achieved with Airtable and lead to a satisfying result, or if I should just stick to Excel for this. Would be awesome to hear your suggestions!

2 Replies 2
Catherine_Bryan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m interested in this too…hoping to see some responses from some Airtable whizzes. My org has expanded our project management system on the whole and we’re using RACI charts in launching new projects (among other tools).

Hi @Pieter_van_Leeuwen and @Catherine_Bryan – I put together a quick screencast in which I talk through how I’d set this workflow up in Airtable. (Sorry for the delay, Pieter!)

Hope this helps!