Restore data from backup

Hello. I am building a simple AWS Lambda service to backup all my airtable data. The strategy i am using is:
I call the API and save all the raw data in a json file. This process is working fine.
But when I try to restore, I am unable to restore the linked fields successfully, because the original RECORD_IDs no longer exists. Example:

Table A:
[
id: “rec11111” ==> Generated automatically in the original table
]

When i restore Table A into a new table (simulating that someone completely deleted the original table), i use the create() method from the API. This id is no longer valid, because airtable automatically assign a new random ID for this record. And because of that, all my linked fields are broken.

Did someone also faced this problem? How did you manage to solve or build a workaround? I’ve been thinking of some strategies but they all feel a bit complex and unnecessary, it would be more simple to set the original Id at the moment I call the create() method. But that seems impossible from what I’ve beem researching so far.

Regards,
Rafael

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.