Help

Restrict which records update a Google calendar event?

Topic Labels: API
546 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Epic_Katchka
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey all,

I have an Airtable set up former employees returning hardware to the company. It’s based on a form where they select whether they will drop-off their hardware in person or ship it to the building. I set up an automation where if they select drop-off, they select a day and time and an event is created on a shared Google calendar. I am working on another automation that adds a member of the IT team as an attendee on each event when they are assigned in Airtable, and it works perfectly for the drop-off records. However, I assign IT team members to all records, not just drop-offs, and when I assign out a non-drop-off ticket I get a ‘failed automation’ notice. Is there a way to tell Airtable to only update records that have ‘Drop-off’ selected, and not update for records with ‘Ship to HQ’ selected?

1 Reply 1
ROARK
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This depends on what triggers the automation.

It will probably work best, if the automation is triggered by “When record matches conditions” and you set one of the conditions as status is drop-off.

Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 18.03.26

An alternative would be to create a view that contains all the drop-offs and then trigger the automation via “When record enters view”.

Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 18.08.19