Restricting access with a collaborator or external user

We have a base used to track tasks for all of our clients. I have shared views with specific clients showing only certain fields and only their tasks, but the read-only restriction is a problem. The client really needs to edit status, etc. But if I make them collaborators so they can edit, as far as I can tell there is no way to limit which records and fields they can see?
Is there any way to accomplish this? Is it possible to sync a view or a filtered table with a Google Sheet so I can give the customer access to the sheet? I can’t be the only one with this requirement!

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @Tanya_Graw!

Unfortunately, you can’t do this natively with Airtable, but you can do this with several of the tools from MiniExtensions.com. Depending on your specifications, here are a few of the tools that might be useful for you:

p.s. If you have a budget for this project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant & MiniExtensions expert to help you set this up, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com.

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.