Revive only Unique answers from users

I’m trying to make a referral form which the user can enter a name and phone number to send a gift to.
where I get stuck is restrict answers to be only new phone numbers (if the user try insert number that already submitted he’ll get a message that indicate that)

Hi @orel_eraki,

Welcome to Airtable Community ! :slight_smile:

Doing this directly in Airtable (with the message part specifically) is not possible. You can do this using Zapier though using the Airtable native form or using a 3rd party form (in case you do not want duplicates in Airtable). Even if you use the Airtable form and you do not want duplicates, you can do so using a staging table where all form submissions are sent to then are copied via zapier to a new table.

So, what I have in mind is, once a new form is submitted, a zap is triggered that searches for the phone number in the existing records, you will have 2 paths

Path 1: Number is found in the table. An email (or a text message) is sent notifying the submitter that they have already registered before and no action is done in Airtable (or you can add a Duplicate Entry tag if you want).

Path 2: Number not found. The new entry goes from the staging table to the final table. In case you are using a 3rd party form, you will then create a new record in Airtable with the data you need.

Hope this helps! If it does, please mark this as Solution so others can see it.

BR,
Mo

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.