Rolling in Records associated to others - as entities (not string)

Hey folks,

I have what I have to assume is a silly problem but I’m still stuck. Here’s what I’m trying to do

I have a table with Users (Table: “Users_Table”) and various characteristics
One of the characteristics is “Favorite Foods” (A multiple select).
So Jane, a user, can have the entities “Pot Pie”, “Chocolate Cake” in her Favorite Foods column

Meanwhile, another table is “Table_of_Foods” with their ingredients (Food_Name is the Primary field on that table) and the Ingredients_List column is a multiple select
The Food_Name “Chocolate Cake” has these entities in the Ingredients_List: Chocolate, Butter, Sugar; and the item “Pot Pie” has: Chicken, Butter, Carrots

Now, what I’m trying to do here is have a column over in Users_Table that has Ingredients_Allowed where I am rolling up all the ingredients that I know my users can eat, since they are components of their favorite items: “Pot Pie”, “Chocolate Cake” in the “Favorite Foods” column.

I can rollup Ingredients_List as an ARRAYUNIQUES in my Users_Table, but this pulls in the Ingredients of “Chocolate Cake” + “Pot Pie” as a bunch of strings.
I would like to see entities in there!

What I am trying to do is really factorization … But I have no idea how to do this with Airtable.

Any idea?

Thank you so much!

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.