Help

Rollup and lookup display blank and rows duplicate after relation to another sheet

606 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
can_it_be_easie
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

I have a list of workouts with exercises in each row and another sheet with list of all exercises with details about them (equipment, pictures, and …). I used relational to link exercises in workout sheet to exercises in a list of all exercises sheet but then when I do rollup or lookup for pictures and instructions of the exercises it just displays them blank.

Why is this happening?

Side question: when I do relational sometimes it duplicated the data. So if I relate row 1-5 in Sheet A to row 1-5 in Sheet B, all the values in that row in sheet B are duplicated. So rows in sheet be would go 1-5 and then 1-5 would be repeated again below it. 1-2-3-4-5-1-2-3-4-5. Why is this happening and how can I stop this?

I’ve been working on this for a few days now and it’s driving me nuts.

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the community, @can_it_be_easier_plz! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Something tells me that the design of your base could be optimized. Would you mind sharing screenshots of your setup? I can’t quite picture it from your description above. The more details that you can share, the easier it’ll be for us to help.