861 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Terry_Spratt
5 - Automation Enthusiast

“Lookup” allows me to lookup values in the current table. Is there an equivalent to lookup data in another table? In my first table I have: first column is a formula (second column (event_name) & third column (start_date) & fourth column (end_date)). In the second table I want to pull all events in the first table that are upcoming. Right now in the second table, I create a “Link to FirstTable” and in another column I build a “Formula” to parse the information to find the start date, which I then filter.

Is it possible skip the extra work and look up, from the second table, only the events that have an upcoming start date according to the first table? I want to make the second table to be as dynamic as possible.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

It doesn’t sound like you need two tables. You may just want one table with all your events, and then create a filtered view where the date of the event is always upcoming. That way you wouldn’t need to link anything.

Here’s what I would do:

1. In your first table, create a formula column called “Status”, or something similar, with a formula like IF(IS_BEFORE({end_date},TODAY()),"Commenced",IF(IS_BEFORE({start_date},TODAY()),"Happening Now", "Upcoming"))
  2. Create a new view and add a filter for [Status does not contain “Commenced”]
Terry_Spratt

Thanks, Kamille. I was able to eliminate the second table.