654 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CSED
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It would be great to be able to select the deliminator type for single and multiple select fields. For example if I’m pasting in a list of items that I want to be options and some contain commas it currently breaks those into separate listings. Whereas if I could set the deliminator type to only new lines or semicolons it would maintain the list items as I would like to use them.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Little trick for you:

If you paste into a normal text field, and then convert that text field to a single-select field, it will keep your comma delimited entries as single entities.

From there, you can even change your single-select field to a multiple-select field, and it will STILL retain those entities as-is.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Little trick for you:

If you paste into a normal text field, and then convert that text field to a single-select field, it will keep your comma delimited entries as single entities.

From there, you can even change your single-select field to a multiple-select field, and it will STILL retain those entities as-is.

CSED

This is a super helpful trick, thank you! It would still be nice to be able to adjust the deliminator as there are instances when I already have a field that is single or multiple select that is used for records but need to bulk add more options.