969 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carly_Berke
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, I’m building an overall company calendar and have created different views depending on the entry (event vs. product, etc.)

I want to use the same date field in each view to link back to the Calendar view, and I’m curious if there is a way to have the same field appear in two different views but but with a different field title. For example, in my “Events” view, I want the name of the date field to be “Start Date”. I want to use the same field in my “Products” view, but I want the name instead to be “Due Date”. As it is right now, I’m just creating different date fields for each one and hiding the unused one in the other views. But means that within the Calendar view, there are several unscheduled records for the date fields that don’t apply to a certain entry (i.e., every event is listed as unscheduled for the “Due Date” field, and every product is listed as unscheduled for the “Start Date” field.

Is there an easier way to do this entirely? Should I be creating different tabs for Products, Events, etc. that can link back to a single Calendar view on a third tab?

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the Airtable community!

One option is to create a formula field with the different field name, and set the value of the formula to be the original date field so that they always have the same value.