cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi

I have the free Airtable version and I wondered if I could set up events with reminders in the calendar feature.

I have some TV shows that I would like to be notified, a week earlier and every day after that until the date of the TV show. I was thinking of creating a base with a field for name of TV show, air date and I am not sure if I need a Field for the calendar (using the calendar is new for me and I don’t even know if I have the calendar option with the free version).

Can this be done?

Thank you,
MK

3 Replies 3
Alex_Wolfe
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I think you have two options:

1. Use a third party application like Zapier or IFTTT to trigger a notification event (I don’t know enough about this to provide meaningful input)

or

1. You sync your preferred calendar service (Google, Outlook, etc.) using an Airtable calendar link for your TV shows, and set the default notification time of that calendar (within your preferred service (Google, etc.)) to be your desired notification time. At this time there are no in-app notifications in Airtable for calendar times.

Hopefully this is helpful to get the ball rolling. I personally use an Airtable calendar synced to my Google calendar (note there is some lag between the two apps when editing/creating events), and have set a default notification time in Google calendar for my specific Airtable calendar.

Thank you alex for your great solutions ! :smiling_face_with_halo:

jasonterry123
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you Alex. Great Job. Yes