1717 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean_Jenei
5 - Automation Enthusiast

We’re trying to build a searchable table for our school that allows students to view their courses and their associated labs, and information associated with it.
Linking a Courses table with a Labs table is fairly simple but my question is:
When sharing the view (of the Courses Table) is there a way to have the linked Labs table viewable when the course table is shared/searched?

So student has access to the Courses table, and they can view the associated labs, but is there a way from this view, for them to be able to access (maybe opens a new tab?) the Labs table? So they can view more detailed information about the labs?
Or do i have to have two separate shared views and they have to navigate between them?
listing all the details in one table will be too cluttered considering the amount of information we need to share, (skills, work roles, labs, etc)

Thank you for the assistance!

-Sean

4 Replies 4
Sean_Jenei

Here’s another example in case the question is confusing.
A student finds their course they are going to take. There’s a lab linked to it called “OSI Model”
I want the student to be able to view “OSI Model” and see what the description is, skills associated with it, knowledge acquired etc. but without having all that listed in the same line/record. is there a way to make this pop out for the user (like you can now if you have access to the database) but without permission to edit or change anything?
Thanks!

Welcome to the community, @Sean_Jenei! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

You’ll need to share separate views from each table, and each will open in its own browser tab. You can make navigation slightly easier by adding a button field in the [Courses] table that will open the shared [Labs] view, but it’s a bit redundant because the same button will appear on all records, all opening the same shared view. Still, it makes accessing the related shared view a lot easier than having to find the link somewhere else.

Thanks Justin!
I wasn’t aware i could use the button feature but i was titillating with the idea of using links.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Sean_Jenei

I wanted to hold back from marking as answered in hopes that others may had found other methods to solve this.
Thanks!