cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Youssef_Rahoui
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

Here is what I would like to do. I have a table T. This table has 3 views: TV1, TV2 and TV3. I know I can share publicly any of these views. But what I would like to share TV2 (and TV2 only) with joe@email.com. That means Joe needs an airtable account to access TV2. Is it possible? Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Marko_Petrovic
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

As far as I know there is no way to share a view with specific people, only thing you can make is public share that you can restrict with domain and password as security. I guess you can create public share and only give it to specific person (Joe) and secure it with password but still anybody with link and password could still view it. There is no way to “lock” views to specific user, without using some external tools like Stacker.

Unfortunately Airtable has still far way to go with permissions and “security” in terms who can see what :confused:

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Marko_Petrovic
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

As far as I know there is no way to share a view with specific people, only thing you can make is public share that you can restrict with domain and password as security. I guess you can create public share and only give it to specific person (Joe) and secure it with password but still anybody with link and password could still view it. There is no way to “lock” views to specific user, without using some external tools like Stacker.

Unfortunately Airtable has still far way to go with permissions and “security” in terms who can see what :confused:

Thank you Marko. That was my findings too after many searches but I wanted to be sure. You’re right, collaboration and sharing could definitely be improved.