1815 9
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dfogg
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there anyway possible to share an entire base via a read-only base link but have any hidden fields actually hidden and inaccessible?

9 Replies 9

I don’t think so, this is the first that the docs says:

Captura de pantalla 2019-03-07_01-01-51_a. m..png

What do you want to do?

Yeah, I found that article but was hoping there might be some type of workaround.

I’m using Airtable to organize my team right now and they need to access multiple tabs of the base (just not a specific view) and there’s some fields that should not be shown to everyone. However, I still need them in the base.

Seems odd that when I share a specific view as read-only the hidden fields do not show but when I do the same with the entire base, everything is viewable.

The Views have the feature to have hidden Fields, but when you share the base, you share all the tables and their fields, even if a field is not shown in any View, because it belongs to the Table, not to the View.

Right. Which I’m already aware of. As I stated before, I was hoping someone would have a workaround/solution.

But it’s not odd, I think it makes sense to me. That’s why I was explaining it, and to others to know how it works.

openside
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

One approach would be to create a webpage hosted somewhere (wix, wordpress, google sites, etc) and embed just the views you want people to see all on one page (or multiple). Obviously not as pretty but does the job.

dfogg

Thank you for the suggestion. That is most certainly one way of handling it.

@openside & @Elias_Gomez_Sainz - I’m still new to the forums. Can either of you tell me how to submit a improvement request so I can propose this as an option for Airtable to institute?

dfogg

Terrific! Thank you both for your help.