968 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
augmented
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

I have a table of contacts and would like to create a new table to track event attendance, with a link back to contacts. Let’s say that I have a way to filter contacts to extract everyone who was invited to one event. Is there anyway to copy/paste links to those contacts into new rows in the events table? Does Airtable expose the “link” or whatever hash it uses to the user for bootstrapping a new table?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2
Caroline_Bauer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Following this- I have a similar challenge. Wondering if you’ve gotten any feedback yet?

No response, but I moved up the Airtable learning curve a little and discovered the limitation of a feature that I had hoped would help. I had my contacts table’s primary field set as a formula - for viewability in linked fields in other tables. However, you can’t copy a value (text) into the new table (events) linked contacts field that matches the primary field formula value and have it resolve in a link. At least, I couldn’t get it to work.

So I changed the primary field to the contact email, which I could copy to the events table and get it to resolve to a link. Hope that I didn’t do a bunch of restructuring for nothing, but it works now.