cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erica_Greenwood
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

Some of my field names are quite long and this makes the grid wider than it really needs to be.

Somewhere I read a post or article on how to display a shorter name such as display “Invoice #” instead of the full Field Name, “Invoice Number”.

Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Erica

5 Replies 5

You may consider creating a formula field that has the data of the first field. You can name that formula field as you wish. The first field then, can be hidden.

You cal also use the descriptions.

For a second I thought “how did I ever miss out on that”. But then I saw that the description only adds information about the field. I think the idea of the question is to shorten the name of the field, to make it readable.

Erica_Greenwood

Yes, my goal is to shorten the descriptions. I read on a post somewhere about using HTML or something to shorten the text displayed in the Grid.

I understood your goal is to shorten the field Names. You also have Descriptions for the fields, so you could use the Name for a short string, and the Descriptions for explanations.

You achieve that if you use the Descriptions.

The “problem” is that they are the same across all the views, and it has no sense for:

• Name: Invoice #
  • Desc.: Invoice Numbers

But maybe this is a solution for Erica.