Hi! Having some issues with an automation.
- Customer ‘Orders’ table
- Customer ‘Leads’ table
- Step 1 (Trigger) : New record is added to Orders.
- Step 2 (Action): Find record in ‘Leads’ that has a matching email address (as the record in Step 1).
- Step 3 (Update): In ‘Leads’, update a field in the record found in Step 2.
When a matching email address is found, everything works as expected
However, when there is no match found:
- Step 2 reports ‘Step Successful’, but returns 0 records found (this is as I would expect)
- Step 3 throws a ‘Received invalid inputs’ error.
I would expect Step 3 to not run at all, if Step 2 doesn’t find any matching records.
So I guess the question is, is there conditional logic built into automations that does something like the following:
- If Step 2 finds record, go to step 3
- If Step 2 doesn’t find record, stop.
Any help appreciated!