Help

Should my Airtable apps slow down as my base gets bigger?

Topic Labels: Custom Extensions
Solved
Jump to Solution
2277 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sticker_ninja
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’ve noticed my (custom) apps are taking much longer to load lately, coinciding with a steady increase in records. The apps load records from filtered views, which don’t necessarily have a ton of records in them at a time. Would the amount of records in the whole base affect the speed of the apps, even if the apps in question aren’t loading all of the records in? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Albrey_Bristo-B
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey there, you’re correct.

Currently if you’re fetching any amount of data from a table (even records from a specific view), all of the data in the table has to be loaded into the browser in order to let an app function.

This contributes to slower performance as your base gets bigger. We’re aware of this issue and, while we don’t have a specific timeline for a fix, we’re are actively working on a solution.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Albrey_Bristo-B
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey there, you’re correct.

Currently if you’re fetching any amount of data from a table (even records from a specific view), all of the data in the table has to be loaded into the browser in order to let an app function.

This contributes to slower performance as your base gets bigger. We’re aware of this issue and, while we don’t have a specific timeline for a fix, we’re are actively working on a solution.

Are there any updates on this? It's causing major issues for us and has been for several months. We've had a couple of base optimization calls about it, but the best solution we've been able to come up with is to "archive" records by syncing them into another base and then deleting them from the source. It's extremely messy since all the links have to be reconnected (which means extra fields in every table), and it also means we'll lose all the revision history, which is problematic since we refer to it frequently. 

Mike_Shaw1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am confused. I do not have very many records but I have about 150-250 fields per record on some tables. When I use the interface designer is it the SLOWEST thing to edit. Why would this be as I only have like 200 records in most cases?