cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charlie_Livings
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

We use Airtable as an editorial calendar for our team. Writers have their own views where they can only see posts assigned to them, which is great. But we don’t want them to able to view any other views (including the ‘all’ view). Is this possible? In short we only want collaborators to be able to view a single view (their own). It seems like pretty basic functionality but I can’t figure it out.

3 Replies 3
Marko_Petrovic
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I will just copy what I just wrote to similar topic, but its relevant here also

I am afraid there is no native solution for that (without using some external tools like Stacker or miniExtensions i guess). Permission control is a field where Airtable is not at its strongest unfortunately, and is also making our live more complicated than ot should :frowning:
We also have a problem where we dont want people to see all tables in a base just thouse relevant to them, but when you add someone to the base he can see everything and you cant change that

That is disappointing. Hopefully we’ll get better control in the future. I wish Airtable were a bit more transparent about their roadmap.

Jan_Sv
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello @Charlie_Livingston

I am currently building my base and I had the same issue and was looking for hours only to find out that there is no real option. There are the mentioned extensions but they are EXTREMELY pricy.

For collaboration this feature is in my opinion an absolute MUST and I hop airtable will add it as soon as they can.

The (maybe also for you) good thing is, I found one, also rather new, workaround:

By putting sensitive data in another base and then connecting them (also paid version necessary, but price is at least reasonable) you can make only some of the bases available for collaborators.

In my case for example I don’t want to share the cashflow and income with all employees so I will create a separate cashflow base which still uses data from a shared base.