I am looking to use Airtable to:
- Register a volunteer to teach a yoga class
- Enter information about the location of the class
- Enter information about each class held at each location
- Enter information about students who attend each class.
My current base has 4 tables: Teachers, Locations, Classes, Students
Currently, I use a form to sign up the teacher
- Auto direct to another form that they use to input their location
- Choose their name from the list to relate to location
When they are ready to put in a class,
- Use a form to add a class
- choose their location from a list to relate to class
My issue comes when it is time to enter students.
- I need to be able to let the teacher add students related to a class.
- These are drop in classes where the number of attendees is unkown
- Each student is to be anonymous so pre-registering to add records wont work
- The teacher needs to be able to input multiple records within a relatively short period of time (I wonder if the 5 second refresh on the form might be too slow.)
- I am also concerned with how to limit the view of the form, so that they only choose from the options that that input, and not the names or locations of other teachers records.
I am really wondering how automations/scripting could assist in this endeavor.
Thank you so much for your help!