1262 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TUSAB_Webmaster
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am currently trying out Airtable for various purposes, including online surveys. I like it, but I have something I can’t figure out how to do.

When creating a survey question, I am offering multiple choices in a single-select field. I’d like for one of the choices to be “Other” and allow for the user to type what the “Other” thing is. I cannot figure out how to do this. An obvious workaround is just another field below that question that says “Other” and they can type in there, which I can do, but I was hoping for something more elegant I guess.

2 Replies 2
Alex_Wolfe
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Currently Airtable does not have dynamic Form fields like an ‘Other’ option that then shows a fill-in field for Other. The only method I am aware of currently would be the one you identified of having an ‘Other’ text field always shown.

Jessie_Wong
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes, I’ve been trying to do the same thing.
Hopefully they change this as I will be looking to use Airtable for work in the future and this is an important function.

I have resorted to just repeated the question again and creating an “other” option for written text.