4806 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amy_Van_Riper
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am using Airtable with a new nonprofit. One of my bases is all about the Volunteers. I have successfully set up the tables to track contact info, training completed, hour tracking and more. I was even able to figure out how to set up a form for the Volunteers to fill out using a wall mounted iPad to do the data entry themselves for their hours worked.

On that form, they are able to choose their name from the existing list because I have linked it to the main table. It works perfectly and allows me to create reports to track hours by person, role, date, etc.

Volunteer Hours Screen Shot.jpeg

But then my boss asked that we have a photo for each Volunteer attached to their information in AirTable. OK. I can do that with an attachment field. But then I decided that I wanted the Volunteers to do that data entry as well. So I created another form that works satisfactorily and allows them to use the same iPad to take a photo. They have the ability to choose their name because it is linked to the main table, and then do an on the spot upload of a photo taken by the iPad.

Volunteer Photo Form.jpeg

But here’s the thing… I can’t figure out how to get the photo from that form/table into the main table that has all their other info. Because I can only link to the primary key, when I try to link the main table to the new table with the photos, what links is the primary key (an autonumber)… not the photo.

Volunteer Photo Gathering Table.jpeg

So… any advice / instruction on how to get the photo into the main table of info? Preferably by still having the Volunteers take their own photo at the iPad using a form… and without me having to download each photo to my computer from one form and upload it as an attachment in the field of another form. Is there a way to have a field from the main table “grab” the image from the photo table?

Thanks for your help! I appreciate your time!

3 Replies 3
Mac
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Have you tried using a lookup field on the main table?

Amy_Van_Riper

Goodness gracious. That literally took me 20 seconds to solve after reading your response. I’m such a newbie! Thank you so much for your time.

No worries, we’ve all been there!