1043 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Weiss2
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi there. I’m experiencing a strange issue. I have a number of records that contain a URL to a PDF. When I click on the link, the PDF opens. Howver when i update an “attachment” field with this URL, the PDF doesn’t get stored. I tried this via API (integromat) as well as via an Airtable automation. Airtable keeps refusing to store the PDF. When I manually click on the attachment field and add the URL, the PDF gets properly stored.

What could be the reason for this behaviour and how could I fix this?

4 Replies 4

Welcome to the community, @David_Weiss2!

It works fine for me… I would make sure that the URL is publicly accessible and not hidden behind any login restrictions.

It isn’t…see my description. Ok, I guess theoretically these PDFs could be restricted. But they are not. They’re PDFs lying around publicly available…

David_Weiss2
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Seems to be or to be related to this bug: Attachment download inconsistant - #11 by Phil_Deschaine

@Bill.French are there still reports of file attachments failing? I have this issue via API/script but not when trying it manually.

UPDATE: I see this has been ingoing since 2019. That’s quite bad. File upload doesn’t work 100%? That should be a major issue. Crazy this hasn’t been fixed.

As far as I know, this intermittent and unpredictable issue still exists, but I’m not watching for other reports of it in the community.