1194 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michelle_King
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Sorry sure there is something simple I am missing - I have a table which is essentially people rating how excited they are about different themes for a summer playscheme for disabled kiddies because I needed everyone to vote the columns are the themes and they have a rating of our 5 for every person who has filled it in - is there a way to create a chart to show which theme has the most votes? On the chart block, I can only find a way to make it from the different people and not the theme scores am I being silly?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Glad I could help! :slightly_smiling_face:

No, there is not a way to automatically sort columns in a different order. But if you click on the little “Hide Fields / Hidden Fields” button, you can manually move your fields into the order that you want them.

If you don’t mind, could you please mark my comment above as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question in the future. :slightly_smiling_face:

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

Hi Michelle,

I will suggest you share at least the data table structure, if not the data itself for some of the chart block experts to have a look at.

So here is a piccies - the first column is literally the persons name and then its literally stars for how comfortable they are with each theme

stars

Hi @Michelle_King,

I’m not sure if you can combine multiple fields like that in one chart. My guess is that this would be possible with the brand new Vega-Lite chart block, but you would have to write JSON-structured data to use that block.

However, there is a much easier way for you to get the numbers you’re looking for! :slightly_smiling_face:

At the very very bottom of your screen in Airtable, you will see a horizontal grey bar. You can get summary totals — and all sorts of other mathematical functions — in this grey bar! :slightly_smiling_face:

Just hover your mouse within this grey bar — but make sure that you’re hovering directly underneath the columns that you want to summarize. Then, you will see a little pop-up menu appear where you can choose to see the “SUM” of your data in each column! (And, as I mentioned above, you can also choose from other mathematical functions as well!)

It’s pretty awesome, and it’s a relatively hidden feature if you don’t know about it! :slightly_smiling_face:

Honestly that functionality is all I need :slightly_smiling_face: is there a way to sort them from high to low or similar - there’s ALOT of columns

Glad I could help! :slightly_smiling_face:

No, there is not a way to automatically sort columns in a different order. But if you click on the little “Hide Fields / Hidden Fields” button, you can manually move your fields into the order that you want them.

If you don’t mind, could you please mark my comment above as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question in the future. :slightly_smiling_face: