cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MDR_Office
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello!

One of my bases on Airtable is a lesson scheduler where the lessons are rows which include lesson details such as the date & time, boat and two linked fields - one for the instructor and another for the students which both are listed in their own tables.

I set up an automation to email students the day before their lesson to remind them/confirm they are set for the lesson and that has been working really well. Over the weekend I have put together an automation that emails the instructors with a weekly rundown of lessons they will be teaching, and while it works I am having a small issue, the html grids in the email display the records in a seemingly random order (not chronologically).

The way I have it set right now is:

The instructor email automation is triggered at a specific time and day and then does three things:

1. finds records where instructor is ‘Instructor X’ and date/time is within the next week

2. finds records where instructor is empty and date/time is within the next week

3. sends ‘Instructor X’ an email with two html grids, one with the records from action 1 - the classes they are teaching, and another for the records from action 2 - the classes that have no instructor.

In the ‘Lessons’ table they are sorted by date on all views but in the html grid the records are listed in seemingly random order - it is not alphabetical or chronological, by any field.

The primary field of the lessons table is the ‘Name’ field, which is a function that takes the lesson name, the instructor name and the date/time field and lists them as so: Lesson 1 with Instructor Y on Month/Day at hr/min. Below is a screen cap of test email that shows what I’m talking about.

html grid not sorted

I would love some help if anyone has any ideas!

4 Replies 4
Wade_Neff
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I second this! I need to be able to sort the grid by a specific field. In my case, I have records with a creation date, and would like to have the newest items appear at the top of the grid.

InfoWrangler
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Here's another bump for this functionality. I have line item options that I want to sort by the order they're listed in their table, but when I automate finding them and putting them in the order table, they get jumbled.

obzervr
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Good to see Airtable paying attention to the community #sarcasm

Summer_Schedule
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am also looking for a solution here.  Has anyone found anything?