1112 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seth_Seaberg
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I want to sort these groups 1->9 by the Sum. There have been a lot of questions on the topic but zero definitive answers. I will buy the full version of Airtable, but only if this can be answered. Thanks!

airtablescreenshot

2 Replies 2

Unfortunately, that is not possible from that table, although it’s a good feature request, so I would send your request along with your screenshot to support@airtable.com.

To do what you want to do, you would need to create a 2nd table, then make sure that each one of your records in your 1st table is linked to a “City State” record in the 2nd table, and then use a Rollup field in that 2nd table to give you the sums. Then, you can sort by the rollup field.

It’s easy to convert. Just take your existing “City State” field and convert it into a linked record field, and you can have Airtable create the 2nd table for you. Then, create your rollup field in the 2nd table using the SUM(values) formula.

p.s. Airtable employees don’t regularly post in these forums. We’re just other Airtable users, just like you. So nobody here is motivated by you purchasing or not purchasing a paid version of Airtable. We’re all just voluntarily spending our free time hanging out here.

Joshua_Atkin
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Interfaces are now helping me achieve this.